My client are a Family owned business that have been around for over 100 years! They are looking for a Warehouse Manager to join their operation.
- Leadership and motivation of the Warehouse Team to create a great working culture and ensure the team are trained and equipped to deliver;
- Management of stock control, we are looking for someone who has good experience with stock, purchasing, forecasting, and ordering, maintaining optimum levels for business requirements; conducting fortnightly stock counts; rotating stock; disposal of out-of-date products; monitoring quality control on packaging and products
- Stock control - machines & parts: ensuring equipment is labelled and allocated to the relevant rack and liaising with Engineering for parts requests / order completion.
- Management of the Warehousing to optimise safety, quality, budget and environmental objectives: good utilisation of space, mechanical handling equipment maintained and used well, delivery of a clean environment;
- Championing of compliance and certification requirements;
- Management of the Goods In process: application of procedures for price and quantity checks;
- Management of the dispatch process - overseeing the process for picking and packing customer orders, updating stock systems, booking couriers and ensuring shipments as per delivery criteria;
- Client communications with suppliers, including raising Purchase Orders and dealing with queries effectively as they arise as well as communications relating to low or no stock situations;
In this role you will support/assist with:
- Continuous business improvements and achievement of business productivity and sustainability targets;
- Capacity planning and forecasting for the future need for ingredients, working with the Logistics Director and the Sales Team;
- Delivery of outstanding customer relationships and experience so that our client base is maintained and grows;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Warehousing role;
- GSCE Level English and Maths or equivalent;
- IT literate with evidence of the ability to work accurately with systems
- Knowledge of ISO and H&S procedures
- Evidence of ability to establish rapport and create strong, professional interpersonal relationships.
- The ability to organise and prioritise work to secure target delivery.
Nice to haves:
- 2+ years' experience of working as a Warehousing Manager;
- Experience as responsible person for H&S within a Warehousing environment;
- Line management and supervisory experience;
What separates the best from the rest:
A great candidate is likely to
- Be able to evidence examples of leading and motivating teams to deliver excellence;
- Be IOSH qualified.
- Have prior experience managing a warehouse with consumable goods;
- Evidence an ability to work with colleagues from all functions and departments;