We are actively looking to engage Warehouse First Line Manager's who are looking for large scale career developing with a retailing 3PL in Derby.
My client is one of the country's leaders in the retail & FMCG 3PL distribution business, with a headquarters based in Derby. Due to rapid expansion in the workforce, as a result of revenue growth, the business are now looking to bolster their management team with two Warehouse First Line Manager's their 06:00-14:00 shift pattern.
On a daily basis the successful Warehouse First Line Manager will report into the Warehouse Operations Manager and lead a team of between 20-85 highly successful colleagues. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 20+ colleagues, rising to 85 during peak.
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse such as GEMBA walks and Kaizen events.
- Based upon one of the key warehousing sections, i.e. inbound, outbound, pick & pack, replenishment or e-commerce.
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
- Colleague engagement is at the forefront of the business, thus you will be expected to promote a healthy environment.
The successful Warehouse First Line Manager will be based in Derby and embody the following experience / skills:
- 2+ years experience in Team Leader and / or Warehouse Management.
- Strong background of knowledge in warehousing and logistics
- Proven track record of leading teams of 15+ colleagues.
- IOSH or NEBOSH is desirable, but not essential.
- Any history of CI or Kaizen would be advantageous.
- 6% pension contributions
- 33 days annual leave
- Private healthcare for you and the family.
- Large opportunities to progress within the current structure