Recruitment Hunters are recruiting for a Visa & Compliance Manager to work for their Higher Education client based in Central London. This will be a Permanent Hybrid role (3days in Office & 2days Remote).
The Visa Manager is responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure that this International London University meets its obligations and status as a higher education provider with a track record of compliance with the Home Office and UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) authorities.
The Visa Manager will support the Registrar and the Head of Sales and Student Recruitment in undertaking and managing the effective implementation of operational processes and supporting the embedding of Student visa compliance across the school. The post holder will be responsible for carrying out a number of regular duties essential to maintaining compliance including reporting changes of status to the UKVI, requesting Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) numbers and evaluating attendance monitoring processes. The Visa Manager will provide expert support and professional advice to the School working across different functional teams, senior managers, students and external stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities: - Visa & Compliance Manager
- First point of contact to respond to queries related to Visa compliance;
- Produce and analyse a number of regular reports in relation to Visa compliance record-keeping and reporting requirements and generate and analyse data and management information relating to visa refusal monthly reports;
- Line management of the Student Records Coordinator and exercise management and oversight of the accuracy of student records data to support monitoring and reporting requirements;
- Oversight of the accuracy of specific data returns and contribute to the development of business processes to support data reporting requirements;
- Use standard regulations and set procedures to support the decision making on reporting students to UKVI;
- Contact students and departments for outstanding documents or information;
- Undertake regular internal audits of data held on the student record system and within departments;
- Request Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) numbers for continuing students;
- Report changes of status to UKVI, including withdrawals, interruptions and changes of location;
- To undertake key contact and level 1 user responsibilities on the UKVI's SMS system including requesting annual CAS allocation, renewing the Premium Customer service, applying for the Basic Compliance Assessment and reporting responsibilities;
- Develop and supervise the enrolment process to ensure that new starting students are compliant with Student visa regulations and that all pre-and enrolment documentary checks are undertaken correctly;
- Supervise in-person registration to ensure that students starting or proceeding their studies at the firm have the legal right to study in the UK;
- Develop, maintain and implement effective attendance monitoring processes and management systems to fulfil the School's responsibilities, working alongside colleagues in Academic and Student Services;
- Coordinate and exercise operational responsibility for the preparation for internal and external audits;
- Promote awareness of compliance issues and provide colleagues and students with advice on Student visa processes and requirements;
- Keep up to date with Home Office policies and guidance developments in the area and devise and participate in relevant staff development and training that support currency;
- To monitor changes in immigration regulations and advise on their impact and develop any necessary changes to school policy and procedures;
- Brief and support the Registrar and the Head of Sales and Student Recruitment with any Visa compliance matters;
- To ensure visa related data is accurate, up-to-date and complete;
- Work with HR to support and oversee monitoring of Skilled worker visas, Student visa holder working and associated policy development;
- Ensure all necessary documentation is retained and stored securely and be accountable for the School's record keeping for students and sponsored workers.
Experience Required:- Visa C& Compliance Manager
- Bachelors Degree (MUST)
- Previous experience working in Higher Education in a visa compliance role or similar (MUST)
- Experienced at managing a small team (MUST)
- Experience of managing record and information systems within a university or similar institution - (Higher Education)
- Experience of using UKVI's Sponsor Management System
- Experience of Student visa compliance in Higher Education (MUST)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Student visa legislation and advising experience of advising sponsor licence duties and immigration law
- Experienced in implementing new processes
- Ability to manage and understand large sets of data
The Visa & Compliance Manager role, is a Permanent position based in Central London. It will be hybrid/remote 3days Office/2days Remote (Flexibility Required). M-F 9-5.30pm
The Salary will be £45,000 - £50,000 + a generous benefits package.
If this Higher Education role as a Visa & Compliance Manager sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Steve at Recruitment Hunters
"Let us do the hunting...so you don't have to!"
Recruitment Hunters is an independent recruitment agency - Covering London, Cambridge and Newcastle (Higher Education)
CAS, Visa Compliance, HE, Higher Education, Graduate, International Students, Visa Checking, Management, London, Hybrid working, Tier 4, Visa Compliance, Education, Higher Education, HE, UKVI, Student Route Visa, Tier4, Compliance, Admissions, Visa Checking, Student, Support, HE, UKVI, Tier 4, Home Based, Part Home/Office Working, Admissions, Student Recruitment, Support, UKVI, Tier4, Tier 4, Recruitment Hunters.