A Teaching Assistant is required for Primary and Secondary SEN School in Swiss Cottage, London Borough of Camden.
About the role
We are working with a lovely Primary and Secondary SEN School in Swiss Cottage, London Borough of Camden. This school supports children who have a variety of Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
- You will be required to work 08:30am- 15:45pm Monday to Friday (term time only);
- You will be required to support 4-16-year-old students with autism, physical disabilities, and challenging behaviour;
- This role will include a mixture of support such as personal care including all toileting and changing;
- You will be required to support students in small groups or 1:1 basis with learning but also with their additional needs that include sensory, communication, physical, emotional or behavioural needs.
About the School
This Primary and Secondary School is a full time Special Needs setting that supports children that have a variety of Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. With an Ofsted rating of OUTSTANDING 6 years in a row, the school wants to deliver high-quality learning support to young adults to enable them to pursue their ambitions in relation to further education, work and leisure.
To be considered for the role of Teaching Assistant you will:
- Have experience supporting students with Special Needs. This could come from any background; schools, care homes, residential support, hospital and nursing etc;
- Have a strong educational background;
- Hold an up-to-date DBS or be willing to apply for one;
- Being able to use hoist equipment for moving students in and out of their wheelchairs would be beneficial;
- Relevant training in Makaton, PECS, moving and handling, first aid or safeguarding is highly desirable.
- Guaranteed Interviews and Trials
- Temp to Perm contracts
- Excellent daily rates
- In-house specialist training
- School direct programmes
- Free Parking
- Term time/ Flexible working
- State of the Art building
If you think you are the right candidate for this Teaching Assistant role, then we would love to hear from you! Please apply and someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible to discuss this role further!