Its people like you that make us great!
Our people are our future we provide the venue for individuals who have the desire and drive to grow as leaders in the accounting industry. As a valued member of the team, you will be heard , respected and rewarded .
Tell me more
Yeo & Yeo CPAs & Business Consultants is a leading accounting firm in Michigan, and among the Best & Brightest Places to Work . Since 1923, our industry-specialized accountants and consultants have provided clients with forward - thinking , comprehensive solutions in accounting, audit, tax, technology, consulting and more. To learn about Yeo & Yeo, visit .
Whats the job?
Yeo & Yeo Interns in our Tax service line are responsible for learning and applying technical accounting skills and working as part of a team to carry out tasks with coaching and supervision.
- Pursuing Bachelors degree Accounting and 150 credit hours
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Proficient at completing basic individual tax returns
- Understands importance of completing tax returns and assigned tasks accurately and with efficiency
- Understanding of basic financial statements
- Identify source documents and their purpose (K-1's, W-2's, 1099's)
- Understanding of Fixed Assets program, entering assets, preparation of PPT returns
- Able to identify required payroll tax return filings, 941, 940, W-2, 1099's and their purpose
- Ability to identify and explain purpose of 1040, 1041, 1065, and 1120 returns
- Understand the rules, regulations, and professional code of conduct of the AICPA
- Understand basic accounting principles
- Use of debits & credits and relationship between accounts
- Employee has a sense of urgency or promptness to achieve goals
- Experience with accounting software through classwork
- Aspirations to become a CPA and develop a public accounting career
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and take direction from multiple managers
- Interest in community involvement
Benefits & Perks!
Work hard, play hard is just one of the mottos around the firm. We focus on developing our careers, and make it a priority to foster each persons talents and strengths. We succeed as a team when our individuals succeed. When it comes to fun, we celebrate our successes and take time to cultivate our friendships. From office parties and team retreats to our Yeo & Yeo sports teams accountants have fun too!
Im in, now what?
Apply today and move one step closer to joining a firm of enthusiastic, driven, creative and intelligent problem solvers working together toward a common goal to provide every client outstanding business solutions.