A global Enterprise SaaS business, who can boast a range of FTSE100 and 250 companies as clients, have received a lot of investment, which is driving their next period of growth, which is where you come in, as they need a Software Development Manager (progression to Head of Dev), who has a background in driving architectural decisions, Java programming and ideally an expert in Agile methodologies.
The business are going on a major technology programme of work at the moment, moving from a Java 8 monolith, to a Java 17 Microservice, the front end is migrating over to Vue and they're adopting Agile principles across the entire engineering function, so you will have a fun, but challenging role to take on.
- Manage up to 10 people. (Back End, Front End, QA's and DevOps).
- Conduct regular code reviews.
- Understand and implement release pipelines.
- Oversee architectural decisions.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure the wider vision is implemented.
- Own the day-to-day management of software development.
- Understand the design approaches used.
- Hands-on if/when needed.
- Background in Java programming. (.Net is a possible).
- Experienced in managing teams of 5+.
- Understanding of engineering best practices.
- Microservices knowledge.
If you're keen to join a business on a journey of growth and modernisation, where you can play an integral role, then click apply today.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.