Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We hire people who are passionate about helping others and committed to being a blessing to our community. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America s Best Hospitals!
What you will be doing in this role:
To provide a full range of social work services in collaboration with other CSMC staff to meet the psychosocial and discharge planning needs of patients/families/significant others. Active participation in Department's continuing education/staff development programs. Involved in program planning in assigned service areas along with the organization of social work activities. Provides social work services to patients and their families with psychosocial needs. To assure patients receive benefit from medical and/or psychiatric care and post-hospital planning.
- Psychosocial evaluation -- identification of problems affecting optimal patient care and the development of a treatment plan.
- Crisis intervention.
- Individual and family counseling.
Discharge planning and case coordination
- Interdisciplinary discussion of psychosocial implications of illness including consultation regarding treatments and resources designed to solve the problems of the patients.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with community health, welfare, and social agencies
- Initiates program planning and development in assigned services/programs.
Performs other related duties as directed.
Qualifications - External
- Masters Degree in Social Work required.
- Clinical experience in an acute care hospital required.
Social Worker MSW, Per DiemDepartment:
Dir-Med Social ServicesBusiness Entity:
Corporate ServicesJob Category:
,Patient Services,Patient ServicesJob Specialty:
Social WorkPosition Type:
Per DiemShift Length:
8 hour shiftShift Type: