To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details
The Senior Technical Consultant,
is the premier implementer of Tableau Products, a technical strategist focused on guiding customers through their data transformation, using Tableau best practices. You will possess considerable skills and abilities as a consultant with demonstrated proficiencies in these key areas with the consistent track record of providing end-to-end system architecture solutions and customer engagement management. The Professional Services Delivery (ProServ) teams are the post-sales implementers of Tableau solutions, and therefore highly customer-facing. The ideal candidate will be expected to spend more than 70% of their time on-site with customers driving enablement and adoption and is responsible for providing technical expertise, partnering with our customers on design, developing implementation strategies and architectural solutions to drive adoption and promote the use of Tableau best practices. Responsibilities:
- Provide in-depth understanding of Server product(s) and its integration into client solutions, and have intermediate level understanding of our Desktop/frontend product(s).
- Lead our customers to address business needs by guiding prioritized data creation efforts and enabling a data strategy that allows them to address their most critical questions.
- Guide customers to deploy an optimized platform to enable a seamless user experience, user rights and permissions to provide security, and automated processes for ongoing Server management to give IT confidence to support rapid scale.
- Drive all aspects of successful implementations from strategy and design to deployment and scalability.
- Conduct needs analysis, data reviews, and product demonstrations.
- Provide billable professional services which meet or exceed sales teams quota.
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Tableaus products.
- Communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and web meetings with customers assisting and guiding them through the proposal and implementation process.
- Be responsive to customer demands and mitigate objections or product deficiencies.
- Heavy travel required (upwards of 50-80%) to customer locations in support of sales efforts, onsite customer training, workshops, discovery sessions, etc.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $98,900.00. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link:Accommodations
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team - Ability to tell a story with data
- Relevant experience in Consulting or Professional Services Delivery role in related industry - Owning customer engagements end to end or Project Management.
- Deep technical skills across various technologies & impeccable business acumen.
- Knowledge of databases, warehouses, business intelligence systems and data analysis tools.
- 6+ years of experience in SQL, SAML, network troubleshooting, AWS/Azure/Google Cloud, as well as architecting mission-critical systems for high availability, failover, disaster recovery, and redundancy.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world .
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form () . Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc () . and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc () . and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc () . and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc () . or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.