AWE is seeking an experienced, innovative, and dedicated Senior Systems Administrator to join our team to provide Server support to an AWE onsite customer. Each day offers a new challenge and learning opportunity.
As an experienced Senior Systems Administrator, you would possess a deep and broad knowledge of Microsoft computer platforms, Virtualised Server Infrastructure and configuration and should be able to communicate well in both verbal and written form. You will be working as part of the IT Team and have technical responsibility for key parts of the IT infrastructure. Your role will require hands-on technical experience, the ability to assess the impact of complex regulatory requirements and ensure IT systems are conforming to those regulations.
You will be a key member of the team in a demanding high-tech environment, supporting members of the organisation in both project and operational aspects of the business platforms, delivering highly available systems. You will be challenged to improve the infrastructure in order to facilitate continuous growth within the business. There is also an expectation to play an active role in the on-call team who will support the business out of hours.
Location - Reading area
Package - £41,000 - £55,000 subject to skills and experience.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year including bank holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- To support the Technical Service Manager(s) and Team Leader in maintaining the operational status, and maximising availability of assets to programme demanders.
- Resolution of significant issues.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Provide a resilient cost effective highly available infrastructure to the business on top of which hosted services can be deployed, managed and maintained.
- To manage the day-to-day sustainment of Infrastructure Systems, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management and problem management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
- Be responsible for diagnosing and following through to resolution any problems, escalating to team members or other teams and vendors when required.
- Build relationships with other teams within IT Operations to enable better support and communications.
- To maintain technical skills to allow us to benefit from new and emerging technologies in order to make supportive decisions
- Attend technical briefing / support groups.
- Understand and develop support system road maps.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs
You Will Have: