We're now going one step further
We are building a new product to open up our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. Our users can now fetch and interact with Bloomberg data and products using Python, and apply all the tools of the data science ecosystem to their analyses, unlocking unprecedented flexibility and customizability. Where do you come in?
Many of our users run our platform, BQuant, locally on their Windows machines. As we start scaling up BQuant enablements we need to ensure that the users components (frontend and backend, client desktop and server side) work seamlessly to ensure that any user no matter the experience can derive the benefits of working with our data through Jupyter notebooks.
Join us to help make the BQNT desktop experience optimal by building out the front-end and server side diagnostic components needed to make BQNT an essential part of any user's workflow. Who are you?
We'll trust you to:
- You are a software engineer with an interest in solving low level issues/challenges across a full technical stack.
- You collaborate and communicate across multiple teams well
You'll need to have:
- work on improving the user interface components for our desktop users.
- help build diagnostic front end and server side tools to ensure that all BQuant components are in order and working correctly.
- Work on improving performance, reliability, and fault tolerance of our systems
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with unit testing and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins etc and concepts like Code Coverage, UI Automation
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with TypeScript, Flow or similar compile-to-JS typed language
- Experience with Python and/or golang
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience/involvement in open source projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.