Senior Financial AnalystDepartment:
Financial ServicesJob Description:General Description:
Prepares various financial analysis of the monthly financial statements based on volumes and other key metrics compared to budget and historical trends for a multi-company hospital system. Assists in preparation of annual budget and forecasts.Essential Responsibilities:
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Analyzes expenses by financial statement code, by department, by sub-account, and by period to provide explanations to leadership regarding variances to budget and historical trends.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget for assigned areas. Assist in preparation of any type of forecasts or projections.
- Performs ad hoc variance analysis based on leadership and project needs and actively works with leadership regarding data and project specifics of requests and analysis.
- Actively engages with leadership regarding project limitations and challenges to ensure timelines are met and data analysis provided meets the leaders' information needs.
- Assists department leaders in the preparation of their departmental budgets, monthly financial analysis, or other types of analysis.
- Assists the accounting department and accountants with month end close entries including expense accruals, prepaid amortizations, and other entries as determined are necessary to ensure an accurate and timely monthly financial statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field preferred.Experience:
2 or more years of finance experience required. 4 or more years of experience in Healthcare finance preferred.OR equivalent combination of education and experience.Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required:
None required.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.
- General understanding of all aspects of finance.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to implement data analysis techniques.
- Ability to work well with others on all levels of the organization.
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.