Job Title: Senior Electronics Engineer
Location/s: Worcestershire, Remote/Hybrid (up to 3dpw)
Salary: Competitive, Negotiable on experience
Hours: Daytime, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hpw (flexi-time)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, Remote/Hybrid working (up to 3dpw)
(Electronics, microcontroller, FPGA, optics, opto-electronics, design, DFM, ECAD, EMC, Matlab, Labview, C, C#, C++, Altium, Xilinx, technology, instrument, instrumentation, testing, sensor, laser, device, systems, software, engineering, scientific, R&D, STEM)
Are you the kind of person who is excited by innovation and advances in science and technology?
Do you have a passion for analysing and developing imaginative solutions within electronics?
If so, then you should read on - this incredible role could be the perfect fit for you!
SourceCo Recruitment are delighted to be supporting an ambitious, fast-growing, international OEM of scientific instrumentation in their search for an pioneering Senior Electronics Engineer to join a dynamic and cross-disciplined Research and Development team at their HQ in Worcestershire, designing and creating complex Opto-Electronic Systems, incorporating state-of-the-art improvements to existing technology, and offering your expertise to a small but skilled team of Electronics Engineers.
The successful candidate will be an adaptable and professional team player with a positive, 'can-do' attitude, capable of analysing & solving any problems as they arise. We are looking for enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks - those who are looking to work at the cutting edge of multi-discipline engineering, and are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can't crack!
Responsibilities of a Senior Electronics Engineer:
- Design of microcontroller and FPGA-based instrumentation and control electronics, such as sensor interfaces, dc-dc regulators, and small actuator drives, for manufacture, assembly, and test
- To contribute to the evolution of instrument electronics through the application of a broad knowledge of opto-electronic design. You will be responsible for keeping up-to-date with the state-of-the-art to drive novel solutions to customer problems
- Writing test software for simulation
- Technical Project Management, inclusive of 3rd party development partners and design houses
- Mentoring others in preserving good design techniques, experimentation, analysis, and domain understanding.
Preferred qualities of a Senior Electronics Engineer:
- Experience of design for manufacture, assembly, and test
- Ability to provide practical and technical information as well as creative and innovative ideas on how to further electronic instrumentation production
- Driven to achieve results through collaboration, with a proven track record of working within or alongside multi-disciplinary teams, such as software, systems and development science
- A willingness to lead teams and experience of mentoring junior engineers
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
Preferred experience/qualifications from a Senior Electronics Engineer:
- A relevant degree in a STEM subject, e.g. Electronics Engineering, or equivalent. An MSc or PhD in a relevant discipline would also be highly advantageous.
- Professional ECAD experience (Altium Designer preferred)
- Experience of simulation and testing methodologies using tools, such as SPICE, MATLAB, LabVIEW, and by writing test software in C/C++/C#
- A proven track record in opto-electronic design, and/or instrument development, in particular with relation to spectroscopy, grating and laser technologies
- Leadership experience, managing teams and/or mentoring junior Electronics Engineers
- Knowledge of EMC and safety standards
- Experience of digital hardware design (Xilinx Vivado preferred).
As a Senior Electronics Engineer, you will receive:
- Competitivesalary and benefits
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (33 total)
- Hybrid working arrangements to suit your personal circumstances (up to 3dpw WFH)
- Healthcare cash plan & health club membership subsidy
- Life Assurance at 4x salary
- Generous company Pension Plan
- Profit share
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Development Plan:
Our client offers a comprehensive induction program, then continues to support and develop employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance with both in-house, on-the-job training, and external training. Entrepreneurship and commitment are rewarded with real career possibilities, and successful candidates would become part of a growing company where any employee can shape the future of company work processes.
If you're eager to start contributing to advancements in electronic design, and to furthering humanity's understanding of the natural world, please apply now!
SourceCo work in partnership with businesses across the UK who operate within Manufacturing, Commercial, Information Technology, and Further Education sectors. We provide permanent, temporary, and contract opportunities, engaging with talented candidates looking to make their next career move.
We know our clients
We know the marketplace
We look for innovation everywhere
We seize the day
We are SourceCo.
Consultant: Struan Rytina