Are you experienced School Bursar or School Business Manager who is seeking a full time temporary role to start immediately? If so, we have the perfect role for you.
The role will start as soon as possible, and will initially run for 12 weeks. However, this could get extended or lead into a permanent opportunity. Working in a popular and sought after primary school located near Sheffield.
- To provide the overall strategic leadership and management for all aspects of finance, ICT, community usage, administration and operations support in the Academy.
- To ensure that the resources of the school are deployed effectively and efficiently to achieve the educational aims of the Academy.
- To be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to strategic planning and decision making, leading staff training, task groups and attending Governing Body meetings
- To be responsible for all aspects of finance, HR, ICT, administration and operations support, including premises.
- To contribute to the achievement of the educational vision for the school
- To work in collaboration to develop high quality systems and services
- To be responsible directly to the Headteacher and to the Governing Body for all financial and accounting procedures
- To have a direct line of communication with the Governing Body on all matters relating to finance
- To assist the Headteacher in the preparation of an annual plan and budget
- To establish and keep updated computer-based financial and management accounting systems for the school
- To prepare management and financial accounts as required for the Governing Body, jointly with the Headteacher where appropriate
- To ensure the effective implementation and operation of financial controls
- To prepare cash-flow forecasts to ensure that the cash position is consistent with its obligations
- To assist and supervise other staff in the operation of the financial systems
- To ensure prompt and efficient completion of monthly, quarterly and annual returns, as required by the Local Governing Body and by outside bodies including the DfE, local authority and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- To prepare annual accounts figures for the annual accounts, including supporting schedules
- To act as the key contact for the annual audit of the schools accounts
- To maintain regular liaison with banks and auditors
- To liaise with the Responsible Officer, who will visit regularly to audit practises
Administration and ICT
- To provide and manage an effective administration service to students and staff throughout the central administrative offices and reception
- To establish administrative systems and procedures within the school, and to train and support staff to ensure that these systems and procedures are properly implemented and effectively controlled
- To deal with all insurance correspondence and communications for the school, overseeing visits and ensuring that necessary paperwork is completed to enable insurance cover to be effective
- To ensure that the school complies with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation, in conjunction with the Governing Body
Got to the end of the advert? We know you must be interested! If you could see yourself flourishing in this role, apply today to kick-start your teaching journey. Once you've applied, one of our team will be in touch about the next steps.
For further information please follow the on screen instructions. Or contact Randstad Education Sheffield on /