Cayuga Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a newly renovated facility with a new modern look. Are you that special RN that our residents need? Bring us your paystub and references and we will beat what you are currently making. Under new management and leadership. Come be a part of something special.
SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED!
Highly competitive wages! Job Title:
Unit Manager Summary/Objective
Provides, plans, coordinates or manages nursing care and health education to nursing home residents on assigned unit throughout all hours of operation Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and clinical expertise required to effectively supervise all nursing activities in the facility or the units to which assigned.
- Reviews and implements all nursing procedures and systems relative to the unit(s).
- Assesses and evaluates the systems which facilitate the delivery of quality Resident care.
- Assesses and evaluates the performance and competency of staff on unit(s).
- Uses a systematic approach to provide individualized nursing care.
- Performs nursing assessments regarding the health status of the Resident.
- Contributes to the Residents assessment (MDS/CAAs) and the development of a plan of care.
- Develops a plan of care based on assessment, implementing nursing care.
- Evaluates the Residents responses to nursing interventions.
- Selects and institutes appropriate nursing intervention which might be required to stabilize a Residents condition and/or prevent complications.
- Consults with physician or licensed independent practitioner.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, non-effective or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed practitioner and notifying the ordering practitioner when making the decision not to administer medication or treatment.
- Knows the rational for the effect of medications and treatments and correctly administer same.
- Accurately reports and documents the Residents symptoms, responses and status.
- Demonstrates measures to promote a safe environment for Residents and others.
- Designs, promotes and organizes Resident education and counseling based on health needs.
- Collaborates with the Resident, members of the healthcare team and, when appropriate, the Residents significant other(s) in the interest of the Residents healthcare.
- Consults with, utilizes and initiates referrals to appropriate community agencies and healthcare resources to provide continuity of care.
- Accepts only those nursing assignments that are commensurate with ones own educational preparation, experience, knowledge and ability and obtains instruction and supervision as necessary when implementing nursing procedures or practices.
- Uses independent judgment and discretion on behalf of the organization in the performance of these duties while adhering to facility policies and procedures.
- Understands fire and emergency, safety and security procedures to include elopement.
- Ensures that the charge nurses are adequately supervising the staff on their units.
- Takes call as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services.
Supervises employees in the department and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible by following policies and applicable laws. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current state license to practice as a nurse.
- Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired.
- Pass required background check