RN - Short Stay Surgical Unit - (0.0 FTE/Days) Providence Milwaukie Hospital.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Here, nurses are not simply valuedâ€ theyâ€ re invaluable. Nurses thrive in our culture of connection where encouragement, mutual respect and understanding are the focus. We listen to your goals and aspirations and partner with you in achieving them, because we know that to inspire and retain the best nurses, we must support them. Learn why over 45K nurses choose to work at Providence by visiting our Nursing Institute page
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelorâ€ s degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelorâ€ s degree in Nursing -OR- higher within three (3) years of hire
- A RN with twenty (20) years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered
- If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies:
- American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider),
- American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), -OR-
- Military Training Network (MTN) â€ (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
- One (1) year acute care experience working with the patient population similar to Short Stay Surgical Unit -OR- completion of the specialty residency located at Providence Milwaukie Hospital
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- National Certification in Short Stay Surgical Unit
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits â€ see our website for details http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of â€ Know me, care for me, ease my way.â€ Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, weâ€ ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: P362808
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Nursing-Patient Facing
Job Function: Nursing
Career Track: Nursing
Department: 5005 PMH DAY SURGERY
Address: OR Milwaukie 10150 SE 32nd Ave
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.