We Are Hiring:
Title: RN- Registered Nurse First Assist
City, State: Panama City, Florida
Location: Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital Bay
Additional Job Details: Full Time, Rotating
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more!
What You Will Do:
Provide direct assistance to surgeons before, during and after surgical procedures.
- Position patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Implement physicians's orders to provide visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilize appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assist with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Operating Room credentialed from the National Assistant at Surgery Certification (NASC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in First Assistant credentialed from the National Assistant at Surgery Certification (NASC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system offering rewarding healthcare careers to the caregivers of Southern Alabama and Northwest Florida communities. When you join our care teams, you join a vast network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.