We Are Hiring:
RN Charge or RN Educator - Surgery - Mercy Hospital - Oshkosh, WI - Full Time - (40 hours per week: Part -Time Educator, Part Time RN Circulator/Charge RN. 6:30am-3:00pm Monday-Friday. No weekday call. Rotating Weekend and Holiday call.)
Are you a RN with a passion for serving and leading others? Ascension is looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team. Apply today and interview tomorrow!
Why choose Ascension Wisconsin?
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities and making an impact in the communities we serve from the Fox Valley to the metro-Milwaukee and Racine area. Ascension Wisconsin has nearly 13,000 associates with 13 hospitals and over 100 related healthcare facilities.
Our Mission, Vision and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need. We need compassionate caregivers like you.
Ascension was recognized in 2021 by Comparably for Best Perks and Benefits, Best Work Life Balance and Best Career Growth. An Ascension Associate will experience the following:
- ABIDE framework: Appreciation, Belongingness, Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity
- Competitive compensation packages and 403B plan
- Work-life balance: generous paid time off, 8 recognized holidays & well-being programs
- Affordable and comprehensive health, prescription drug, vision and dental plans
- Tuition assistance, educational enrichment & professional development
- Career Coaching, Leadership Development, Internal Mobility, Job Placement Assistance and more!
- Adoption expense assistance, maternity and paternity leave plans
- Perks, discounts and much more!
What You Will Do:
Coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assign, direct, educate and monitor nursing and support staff during assigned shift.
- Contribute to or perform performance evaluations of staff.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care and identify any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Respond to complaints about patient care and manage through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- 1 year of experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin - Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.