Additional Locations: Requisition ID:
REV-O is the manufacturer of two industry-leading ambulance brands that build Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, and medium-duty models: Road Rescue & Wheeled Coach. With a legacy and passion to deliver mission-critical durability, our ambulances are born to perform under the most demanding conditions-and built to be as unbreakable as the spirit of those we serve. Our proud, devoted team takes tremendous pride in the vehicles we build and the first responders who use them every day.
REV-O is part of the larger REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a leading manufacturer of specialty vehicles for the fire & emergency, commercial, and recreation markets. REV Group's extensive vehicle line-up includes models such as ambulances, fire trucks, school buses, terminal trucks, RV's, luxury buses, and much more. Our 6,500+ employees continuously demonstrate their commitment to building innovative and reliable vehicles that our customers can depend on whether for a family trip across the U.S. or when responding to an emergency. Rev Group is a veteran friendly employer and hires over 200 veterans and or those transferring out of the military each year.
Ensure that both internal and external customers receive the quality ambulance that they expect by inspecting the unit per the work order, electrical layout, paint documentation, drawings (electrical, CA, paint, or body transmittals)and documenting any deficiencies and buying back the rework prior to shipment.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections across all product lines as business needs require in accordance with the duties and responsibilities.
- Be trained and capable of performing all inspections electrical and cosmetic across all product lines, paint and body shop.
- Train and mentor new inspectors.
- Build successful relationships with dealers and customers to better define customer requirements and to provide closed loop feedback to the team.
- Model partnership with production on achieving quality at the source.
- Lead root cause corrective action efforts.
- Earn ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Certification and participate in internal audits.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of quality inspection processes, i.e. standard work, measurement and analysis, standards, tooling, error-proofing devices, etc.
- Keep in line with 6S (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize and Sustain) with Safety being the 6th S
- Always be safe by paying attention to your surroundings and speaking up when you see unsafe behavior.
- Understand the Vehicle Safety policy and properly use jack stands/wheel chocks.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and verbally communicate simple instructions presented in English.
- Knowledge of all applicable AMD, KKK, FMVSS and QVM standards and test protocols. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, assembly drawings and schematics.
- Ability to read English and Metric tape measures and use measuring devices.
- Ability to use functional gauging assigned for inspection.
- Knowledge of drive trains and power unit operation and be able to troubleshoot.
- Good mechanical ability and understanding of component functionality.
- Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand quality expectations and to identify deficiencies.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, by providing constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Problem-solving capabilities.
- Minimum of 2 years of quality inspection experience in cosmetic, electrical, and weld or paint.
- Experience in manufacturing electrical installation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of basic 12-volt electricity.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of work orders.
- Assembly hand tool operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required to sit and talk and hear. Other physical requirements include:
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40#'s without assistance.
- Ability to work from various squatting, kneeling or bending positions.
- Ability to work with arms above head.
- Ability to work from ladders or scaffolding.
- Ability to stand at a workstation for ten hours a day (minus specified breaks).
- Ability to safely use specified hand tools (i.e. torque wrenches)
- Ability to operate and understand the operation of all protective safety equipment in the area.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Hand-Eye coordination.
- Ability to work in noisy and dusty conditions.
- Ability to work in hot and cold conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.Personal Protective Equipment Required:
- Safety glasses/Face Shield (for under vehicle inspection) .
- Steel toe/Composite toe shoes.
- Face Mask (due to COVID or other illnesses)
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunities for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans. NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the "CCPA"), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the link
for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.