We Are Hiring:
Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Schedule: Part-Time Night Shift, 2 (12) Hour Shifts Required
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: Saint Thomas West Hospital
About the Culture:
Our 23-bed pulmonary unit at Saint Thomas West is the area's only dedicated pulmonary unit! We have a 1:6 ratio, and we have tech support on the unit as well. You will work alongside 2 thoracic surgeons as well as pulmonologists and respiratory therapists. As a cohesive team, we utilize a modified primary nursing approach to deliver individualized relationship-based care. This unit is part of our caregiver model which focuses on an interdisciplinary approach incorporating ancillary team members (pharmacist, pharmacy technician, case manager, case manager coordinator, and chaplain) to help encourage all disciplines to function at the top of their license. The model includes the opportunity to earn quarterly bonuses if unit goals are met.
Our pulmonary unit is very fast paced but also rooted in teamwork. Even on the busiest of days, you can always rely on your team to help. Our associates on this unit say it's a vibe and we're a family when asked to describe the culture. As a pulmonary RN you would expect to care for acute and chronic pulmonary diseases such as COPD, asthmas, bronchitis, pneumonia, respiratory failure and other breathing related complications, as well as post-op thoracic surgeries. Skills you would expect to utilize on this unit are antibiotic administration, chest tube management, pain control, complex oxygenation needs and tracheostomy care. Join us today for a career rooted in love and service!
Why Saint Thomas West:
For over one hundred years, Saint Thomas West Hospital has been devoted to physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Our mission is to serve all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable, while improving the health of individuals and communities. Our 541 acute beds serve over 21,000 patients from across the Southeast every year. Saint Thomas West is highly regarded and has received multiple disease specific certifications:
- Advanced Comprehensive Stroke
- Advanced Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Joint Commission Total Joint Replacement (Hip and Knee)
- Joint Commission Chest Pain Certification
- The only Commission on Cancer Accredited Integrated Network Cancer Program with Commendation in Tennessee.
- Largest National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers Breast Cancer Program in Tennessee
- Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence, the highest level of recognition in the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Program of the National Consortium of Breast Centers, Inc.
- ADDARIO Lung Cancer Foundation Centers of Excellence
We offer EXCELLENT benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more
- Free Parking
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.