Cardio and Radiology Endo Svcs
Nursing Careers are better at Banner Health. We've built smarter processes to help you focus on what really matters. If you want to make a difference in people's lives - this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
At Banner University Medical Center, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. You will work alongside a group of dedicated physicians and staff that perform some of the most state-of-the-art procedures that exist anywhere in the country.
Come join our Cardiology and Radiology Services (CARS) unit at Banner University Medical Center - Tucson! This unit consists of 23 adult bays and 6 dedicated pediatric bays. Our nurses care for patients visiting the Cardiac Catheterization Lab, CT, MRI, Ultrasound and Diagnostic Cardiology. They provide support for all cardiology and radiology procedures requiring conscious sedation and general anesthesia. This unit functions as the heart of our procedural areas, ensuring that patients are ready for their procedure and can recover once the procedure is completed. As a teaching hospital, we are on the cutting edge of innovation, offering educational and professional growth. If you are enthusiastic, hard-working, and team oriented, come be a part of our team!
Attend our Tucson Virtual Open House Event on 8/30 from 3:30pm-5:30pm. Use this link to get full details and register to attend. https://tinyurl.com/Tucson830event
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are Full time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
This position coordinates, plans, and directs the daily functioning and staffing needs of the unit or department under the guidance and direction of the director. Provides leadership, positive role modeling and critical thinking skills to facilitate staff development. Serves as a liaison between all disciplines by effectively communicating, educating and problem solving. Proactively supports the quality and continuity of services throughout the healthcare systems. Assists in resolution of systems issues and enforces unit/department policy/procedures and standards of care, assists in evaluations, disciplinary and hiring functions and other duties under the direction of the director.
1. Coordinates oversight of quality, risk management, safety and nursing standards and is a role model and resource person for providing quality patient care and maintaining clinical competency on unit/department.
2. Determines and directs staffing needs of unit/department on a shift-to-shift basis. Facilitates staff to patient ratios in a fiscally responsible manner under the direction of the director.
3. Coordinates, supports and facilitates continuity of care and communication between departments, institutions and across the continuum to ensure positive outcomes of patient care services.
4. Assists in oversight of staff and workflow of patients. Facilitates interdepartmental teamwork. Assists in the oversight of resource utilization for the department, including human, financial, equipment, supply resources.
5. Participates in evaluation process by giving input.
6. Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
7. In some roles, this position may supervise staff.
8. Coordinates daily workflow for unit. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Assists with unit education and enforces unit/department policy/procedures and standards of care. This role is facility specific and has no ultimate responsibility for budgetary outcomes.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is desired. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Professional certification preferred. Previous experience in a leadership role preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.