Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it s just one of the many reason ns we ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of excellent healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you ll have everything needed to do something incredible for yourself, and for others. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America s Best Hospitals.
Highly-trained surgeons perform approximately 32,000 surgeries in 51 operating rooms at Cedars-Sinai each year. Beyond surgical excellence, Operating Room services (O.R.) enjoys a national reputation for superb clinical care and superior outcomes where surgical teams integrate cutting edge technology with new collaborative practices.
O.R. has an immediate opening for a Registered Nurse who will assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the O.R. patient population.
Education: License/Certification/Registration Requirements:
- You provide and document direct and indirect patient care services that ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients.
- You provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- You provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement the treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- You perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- You observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- You plan and implement care based on observations, implementing appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to special patient populations and patients with divers cultural backgrounds.
- You identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- You intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patients.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS.
- Minimum 1 years acute RN experience in Operating Room.
Registered Nurse - Operating Room - 12-Hour Full Time Evenings - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!Department:
Main OR OperationBusiness Entity:
Service Lines & OpsJob Category:
12 hour shiftShift Type: