Are you an experienced Safeguarding Lead looking for a regional opportunity where you can make a difference? Do you hold a professional registration as either a qualified social worker or registered nurse?Join our Complex Care Division as a Regional Safeguarding Lead and be an integral part of the team providing leadership, management and support on safeguarding policy and practice across a variety of services.
Working fully remotely and flexibly as required, you will be responsible for ensuring that best practice safeguarding guidelines are followed, will support staff to ensure that patients receive a high-quality, safe and effective service, and act as a main point of contact and specialist lead for the wider team and partnership services in line with safeguarding needs and development.
As the Safeguarding Lead with experience from the NHS or private sector, you will promote a safe environment for vulnerable adults and forge positive working relationships with external stakeholders in relation to safeguarding.
Due to the nature of this regional role, which requires regular visits to sites under your remit, you are required to have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
A range of continuous professional development training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and you achieve your career aspirations. You will also be required to ensure completion of all mandatory and compliance training.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support with safeguarding and PREVENT training at the sites local inductions
- Liaise with the local safeguarding teams and inform them of safeguarding notifications
- Complete and submit local safeguarding logs to the relevant local authority
- Attend meetings pertaining to safeguarding with external stakeholders e.g. CCG
- Ensure safeguarding issues and care presentations are standing agenda items in team meetings
- Develop the Quality Assurance Plan as part of discussions with local authorities and host CCGs
- Visit sites monthly to support the Safeguarding Leads at the Complex Care homes and care homes with nursing
- Supervise and coach the nurses in relation to the mental capacity act assessments
- Undertake Safeguarding Supervision with Designated Safeguarding Leads and support Safeguarding Supervision at sites
What you will get: Annual salary of £45,000£7,350 Car AllowanceThe equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!Free meals and parking at most sites