What does this Company do?
Our National Client is the leader in modular accommodation not only in the UK but around the world. Providing more buildings for hire than anyone else, including modular buildings for sale and rent, and off-site permanent buildings for sale for temporary, semi-permanent and permanent use. As part of a wider Group this Client holds 300,000 units available in 18 countries throughout Europe, including the UK.& also active in Australia, New Zealand and China.When you join, you're joining a team that's already established, highly successful - and hungry for more & needs great people like you to continue its success.
What to expect as Quantity Surveyor:
- Develop and evolve supply chain.
- Manage the Factory manufacturing orders and costs, subcontract procurement process, scope analysis against client specification, tender reconciliation, sub-contractor comparisons, formation or order, review of commercial terms, and contract award.
- Prepare, submit and negotiate all monthly sub-contract project interim and final accounts using database software and excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain accurate and up to date Forecast Final Accounts for presentation to clients on a monthly basis.
- Prepare claims for variations to contract and negotiating with the client and supply chain to deliver profitable change.
- Prepare and present internal monthly project W.I.P reports at monthly internal Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) meetings
- Manage Risk and Opportunity and present at the CVR.
- Promote and evolve financial control measures
- Forecast cash flow and margin recognition
- Attend at client's site monthly project progress meetings including presentation of contractors reports where appropriate.
- Present regular financial feed back to the Estimators on the basis of known costs.
- Maintain accurate records
- Support any dispute resolution claims where appropriate
- Maintain professional approach liaising between supply chain and client to deliver increased profitability projects on.
WHAT EXPERIENCE WE NEED FROM YOU
- Has held a similar role including the management of multiple live projects.
- Will have a demonstrable track record working for a Design and Build Contractor with project values between up to £5m
- Degree educated and MRICS or equivalent.
- Have working knowledge of JCT D&B and NEC3 forms or contract and procedures.
There is an excellent salary/package on offer, with a car attached also, therefore a clean license (minor points) will be required.
I look forward to receiving your application & arranging a follow up call to discuss this excellent opportunity.