If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Our Taneytown, MD Pump Manufacturing facility is over 150,000 square feet and provides capability for engineering, design, customer service, machining, assembly, and testing for a diverse product portfolio, which serves all markets (power, oil & gas, water resources, general industry, and chemical). The facility has expanded four times since opening in 1971 to accommodate revenue growth and product line developments. The entire project lifecycle is experienced all under the same roof.
Flowserve is looking for a Precision Assembler at our manufacturing facility in Taneytown, MD. The Precision Assembler is responsible for assembling rotating equipment and will work on a diverse range of product lines. The Precision Assembler will work with team leads and other team members to execute work as provided on work instructions, routers, drawings, and checklists. The precision assembler will select and use appropriate inspection equipment to check dimensions of all critical components as required during the assembly process.
Shift is Monday -Friday , 6:30am - 3pm .
Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual bonuses, medical benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time, paid holidays, pension plan, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits.
- Perform precision pump assembly and disassembly per bill of materials, cross Sectional Drawings and operation method sheets.
- Utilize all types of precision measuring equipment and read and interpret blueprints while working in both the English and Metric systems
- Fits parts such as casings, casing covers, impellers, seals and Installs piping plans to match drawings.
- Will use hand tools, air tools, sandblaster, parts washer, die grinders and hand drills.
- Follow all work instructions as trained; including but not limited to Assembly procedures, Routers, Supplemental Quality Inspections, General Workmanship Standards, etc.
- Install piping plans and set seals to match drawings.
- Move materials and parts to and from work areas via power lift trucks and fork trucks.
- Operate overhead and jib cranes to lift and move heavy parts.
- Possess the desire to learn additional job functions within the facility. (e.g. Test, Engineered Assembly, Painting, Hydro, and Other miscellaneous duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and drawings
- Ability to read and comprehend precision measuring equipment
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand, power and air tools
- Ability to follow complex verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Good mechanical ability and manual dexterity is essential (able to stand for long periods of time)
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to follow proper safety procedures and guidelines
- 2+ years' experience in general mechanics or specialized training preferred
- Computer skills preferred
Req ID : R-493
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to employment@. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.