Join a professional team at the Ute Mountain Indian Health Service Unit. Locum with full benefits package Assignment to start now period of placement through 2023.
To provide a full range of Medical services including evaluation, diagnosis, consultation & referral, specialty referrals for outpatients of all ages.
- Serve on the Patient Centered Medical Home team.
- Will make referral recommendations to the Clinical Director as required ensuring appropriate specialty care, follow-up, continuity of care and ensuring appropriated forms are completed.
- Will participate in treatment planning on a program basis and for individual patients.
- Shall be a credentialed member of the Taos-Picuris Service Unit Medical Staff, and therefore, must abide by Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Shall be required to confer with clinical and administrative staff on a regular basis assuring timely and adequate communication of findings or concerns for appropriate and quality care.
- Shall regularly record patient contacts in the appropriate medical record as outlined by Bylaws.
- Will enter consults/referrals for other services such as; Contract Health, Behavioral Health, Social Services, Optometry, Audiology, Dietary and Public Health Nursing where appropriate.
- Changes in availability shall be provided in writing to the Clinical Director.
- Will work with outside facilities and their staff on cases requiring decisive immediate care and possible ambulance transport.
- Shall provide patient management for appropriate follow-up and care either at a scheduled clinic, walk-ins or for a contract health referral.
- Shall participate in Quality Assurance activities and Safety and Infection Control trainings or updates as assigned by the clinical director.
- Required to document of all patient contacts using the electronic health record (EHR) system on the date of service.
- Required to respond to Notifications of incomplete chart within 24 hours of receipt.
- Required to complete electronic health record entries in compliance with the quality management standards for the Taos Picuris Service Unit.
Prairie Band Health Services is subject to Title 22: Employment Code of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation. In accordance with Title 22, this position is designated as a TIER 1 position. Preference will be given to individuals to the extent required pursuant to Section 22-2-4(B). To be considered for employment with Indian Preference, documentation is required to be provided at time of application.
- Must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Required to possess a Medical School (MD or DO); Internship; ACGME approved residency program.
- Required to have 3 years of experience in diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of adult and pediatric conditions.
- Must be Board Certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
- Basic Life Support or Advanced Cardiac Life Support.