138 W. Hively - Elkhart, Indiana 46517 What You'll Get from This Opportunity:
Essential Job Functions:
- Our total incentive compensation plan is highly competitive (salary + generous bonuses for high performers).
- Generous and unique benefits - 401(k) matching (dollar-for-dollar up to 6%), generous PTO, fitness and tuition reimbursement, and so much more.
- You are exposed to many areas of expertise in this role (Mortgage Loan Officers, Financial Advisors, Branch Managers, etc.) and will uncover multiple avenues for career growth and development (we support becoming licensed or following the many other career paths within the bank).
- Paid job training and access to a library of specialized professional development and training courses.
- Access to a formal enterprise mentoring program.
- There is a lot of daily variety in this role.
- Solution-based sales, delivering exceptional client service in every interaction.
- Providing clients with ease, value and expertise by taking them through financial wellness reviews and answering any questions they might have.
- Developing strong partnerships with line of business partners - focusing on client acquisition and deepening the relationship of current clients; effectively managing internal and external centers of influence.
- Calling on a book of business, setting appointments, following up on referrals, and going out into the field to obtain new business.
- Opening personal and business accounts (consumer checking, small business, various deposit products, home equity, unsecured lending, certificates of deposit, etc.).
- Sometimes supporting branch operations such as assisting with client transactions on the Teller line and maintaining documentation on interactions with clients.
- Ensuring compliance with operational, risk, security and audit procedures and policies including appropriate documentation of client interactions.
- All Branch team members are expected to act professionally at all times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest and act in the best interest our clients and Key.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience (undergraduate degree preferred).
- 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources. Experience with sales is more important than financial services experience. KeyBank provides the tools and training, but we need natural relationship builders who are great at sparking conversations.
- The ideal Personal Banker is sales-driven, self-motivated, and competitive. The best bankers always know their numbers and find ways to drive towards success.
- Interpersonal interaction skills and an ability to build rapport in matter of minutes is vital.
- Foundational knowledge of sales and service techniques with consumers and small businesses, including tele-consulting, outside calling, prospecting and networking. Comfort going out on business calls, overcoming objection, and asking fact-finding questions with the goal of being helpful.
- A keen ability to manage your time and own your day - balancing serving clients and growing your book of business.
- Demonstrated experience with influencing business partners and leveraging centers of influence, as this role will require significant influence of partners such as Key Investment Services, Mortgage and Business Banking sales professionals.
- Proven customer service and communication skills and ability to work in a small team environment.
- Working knowledge of PCs (MS Windows and Office Products including Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to work branch hours, typically includes Saturday mornings.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls.
- Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an office setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent lifting of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing .
ManpowerGroup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a professional, high quality work environment. It is the policy of ManpowerGroup and all of its subsidiaries to recruit, train, promote, transfer, pay and take all employment actions without regard to an employee's race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.