Under direct supervision of the Accounting Supervisor, the Payroll Specialist will ensure accurate and timely processing and recording of the company's payrolls. To be successful as a Payroll Specialist you should be able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency, investigate and resolve payroll issues and ensure strict compliance with company and regulatory standards. Excellent people skills and a high numerical aptitude are pertinent to this role.
Experience and Skills
- Timely processing full payroll (Including but not limited to: Salary, Hourly, Production, Commission, Bonuses, Reimbursements, etc).
- Manage the full payroll process that includes importing, proofing, researching, editing, processing and transmitting payroll data consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Understand all aspects of payroll in regards to payroll laws and regulations.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed timely and accurately.
- Entering data into databases and spreadsheets, consolidating information and importing as appropriate.
- Maintain electronic filing within payroll system.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees in areas of compensation, taxes, benefit deductions, how to clock in/out, how to request time off, and any other payroll related requests.
- Perform daily payroll department operations.
- Perform updates to payroll related information and data.
- Ensure timely processing of payroll related data for new hires, changes and terminations.
- Analyze and audit payroll data for accuracy both pre and post transmission.
- Calculation and distribution of commission reports for payroll.
- Calculation and distribution of production reports for payroll.
- Process garnishments within payroll software.
- Complete, and/or assist with employment verifications and unemployment insurance information requests.
- Distribute payroll reporting as directed.
- Routine audits of benefit deductions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Experience in payroll processing, working in a similar role
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of Texas payroll laws and regulations
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with extensive experience in Excel.
- Working knowledge of Paylocity is a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of taxes, 401k and benefits.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be a team player.
- Decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
.Dental & Vision