QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Education/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field preferred
- Texas Association of School Business Officials certification preferred
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Three years in a responsible analyst role, or equivalent
- Direct experience with payroll processing and/or coding
- Ability to work effectively in cooperation with District staff
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Knowledge of payroll processing and requirements, including federal and state law
- Knowledge of Texas public school Board Policies affecting payroll
- Knowledge of Texas public school account code structure
- Ability to use software to effectively implement payroll changes and additions, develop spreadsheets and perform data analysis
- Ability to implement government regulations, policy and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Ability to analyze payroll and personnel data
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Provide adequate support and expertise during the year to campuses, regarding payroll operations, so that the principal and the administrative staff can contribute their valuable time to the instructional needs of their students.
- Assist with reconciliations and monitoring campus payrolls with staffing needs as approved by Human Resources.
- Establish and maintain an environment which is conducive to positive staff morale and directed towards achievement of the district's mission in accordance with the Arlington ISD Strategic Plan.
- Apply excellent public relations skills when working with school and other District personnel.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and service at all times.
- Provide training to school and other District personnel regarding payroll, as required.
- Serve as Payroll Department liaison with AISD Technology and Human Resources
- Assist in the preparation of the District's annual salaries and benefits budgets for all fund types.
- Prepare analytical reviews of payroll data to assist management and the Board of Trustees in key decision making throughout the year.
- Assist with payroll expenditure projections throughout the year.
- Create reports and perform financial analyses for the District's annual independent audit and other compliance reporting requirements, as directed by Director of Payroll.
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of all Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) reports, as needed, and act as back-up for filing all monthly TRS reports
- Present to various meetings and civic groups regarding the district's payroll process, as needed.
- Participate in various community-based committees that are appointed by the Board of Trustees to oversee or provide input regarding the District's payroll budget, as needed.
- Prepare materials for the District's Financial Future Committee meetings, as needed.
- Participate in membership and attend local, state, and national meetings as necessary to obtain current information relative to the department operations.
- Participate in professional growth activities.
- Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by law, the Director of Payroll or as may be necessary for job efficiency and effectiveness
Duty Days 243
Pay Grade Admin Professional 2