* All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA
We're looking for Patient Care Techs to join our growing team! Working under the supervision of a licensed clinical staff member, you will provide both primary patient care and clerical support per your unit goals and Community Health System standards. From performing and assisting with various aspects of patient care such as nutrition, intake/outtake, taking vital signs, including providing office management support to your unit you will serve as a centralized focus of administration, information and communication. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your Patient Care Tech experience and promote within our health system ladder.
Community Regional Medical Center is the largest of our three main hospitals and the flagship hospital of the Central Valley. This academic-affiliated, Level 1 Trauma Center is located on a 58-acre campus in downtown Fresno. It features one of the largest and busiest emergency departments in California as well as a comprehensive burn center. Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients.
Because we know our ability to provide the highest level of care begins with our incredible staff, we provide excellent benefits. On top of competitive pay, hearty retirement plans, and other core benefits, we provide extras like free concierge services to run your errands while you work, on-demand well-being, a free employee gym with free personal training, and more. Your Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth. Responsibilities
In your role, you will:
- Perform and assist with basic aspects of patient care such as bed scale weights, I/O, hygiene, dressing, turning and ambulation. Safely perform/assist with inpatient lift/transfer, move, positioning and ambulation in coordination with the patient care team.
- Record vital signs, height, weight and I/O. Collect and record data as assigned and report information to RN/RTT.
- High School Diploma, High School Equivalency (HSE) or Completion of a CHS Approved Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Certificate required
- Successful completion of one of the following three options is required
- (1) Obtain a diploma/certificate from an accredited Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program
- (2) Obtain a diploma/certificate from an accredited Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program
- (3) Nursing Fundamental courses from an accredited clinical RN or LVN program (typically done in the 1st semester)
Licenses and Certifications
- 1 year of experience in an acute care hospital preferred
- BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required
- One of the following is required
- CNA - State of California Certified Nursing Assistant Certification (active or inactive status is acceptable)
- EMT - Emergency Medical Technician Certification issued by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Certification issued by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (active or inactive status is acceptable)
- RN or LVN Student/Graduate
Click to learn more about our awesome benefits offerings as well!
Please note: Per the CDPH order, all healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved exemption and test regularly.
Please note: If any bonuses are noted, they are only applicable to external hires.