OSP Engineer (Direct Hire!) (Great Long Term Opp)
This Jobot Job is hosted by Brian Perkins
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $75,000 per year
A Bit About Us
A Professional Consulting & Engineering Services Firm is looking for a qualified OSP Field/Design Engineer to fill a key role in our organization. This individual may be responsible to travel to various locations across various states collecting field information for the client and/or may be required to design in the clients preferred systems.
Why join us?
- Competitive salary
- 6 paid holidays
- Start up environment
- Growth potential
Responsibilities And Duties
This position is responsible to provide high-quality support to our client by
- Engineering aerial, underground & inside copper and/or fiber routes and road moves.
- Design copper routes and lay-out count including size and gauge of cable including terminals, cross box, loop make-ups, rearrangement, bridge tap removal, circuit types & pair conditioning.
- Design fiber routes and lay-out counts including FTTH, FTTP, FTTC, FTTT & Ethernet.
- Must have knowledge of Calix, Adtran & Cisco OSP/ISP/CPE system equipment. OSP staking, work order package preparation including but not limited to field notes, cut sheets, schematics, and creation of permittable drawings.
- Attend on-site meetings with customers for site walks and provide requirements to the customer in a respectful manner and meet the client's timelines associated with the site-walk.
- Has the ability to perform a job cost analysis to determine the most cost-effective and efficient manner for the placement of communications facilities.
- Fieldwork & Site Survey for OSP and ISP
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Self-Motivated Professional that is a creative problem solver
- Ability to perform a wide spectrum of complex assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation, and judgment
2 plus years of experience in engineering, fiber management, permitting, knowledge of different types of underground and aerial copper/fiber plant installation
- Must be coach-able and able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Prior knowledge of NDS, FW/BM, WFMT, Tirks, LFACS, FORTE, Smartsheet, Ethernet Services and/or RUS is a plus.
- Willing to relocate to Nephi, UT or commute to the Nephi office daily.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.