Apply for this job now
Medical Technician I- *$3000 Sign On Bonus*
- Enid, Oklahoma
- Job Type
- 7 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating the lab of the future - an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Medical Technician I- $3000 Sign On Bonus
Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma- Enid, OK Friday-Sunday 5am-5:30pm
Main Duties: Perform basic testing in the areas of Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Serology, and Microbiology in a hospital environment. Prepare and perform analyzer maintenance procedures. Ensures all Laboratory QA/QC testing and documentation is completed and reviewed as required. Responsible for day-to-day activities of the laboratory.
Required Knowledge: A solid understanding of basic laboratory testing, including Quality Assurance /Quality Control is required for this position. A successful candidate will possess good computer skills and be able to adapt to using multiple computer systems. Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; The candidate should be able to take instruction from a variety of sources without adversity.
Required Experience: Previous hospital laboratory experience is a plus but not required. Should have basic knowledge associated with testing in Hematology, Blood Bank, Chemistry, Coagulation, Serology, Urinalysis and Microbiology. A successful candidate should possess a bachelor's degree in a biological science.
Special Requirement: Holiday and weekend rotation required. Overtime may be required as staffing levels dictate. Must be willing to work outside of normal hours to maintain service levels to hospital.
Quest Diagnostics Job Description
Performs routine lab tests under the guidance of Medical Technologists and Laboratory Supervisor. Sets up and monitors automated test procedures. Performs manual procedures requiring judgment. Uses pre-calibrated and/or automated devices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
• Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
• Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
• Review and release test results.
• Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
• Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
• Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
• Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
• Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
• Follow department's procedure in reporting critical results to clients.
• If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
• Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
• Maintain general appearance of the department.
• Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates.
• Review/train on new procedures.
• Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
• Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
• May perform some moderate-complexity testing with specific on-site training provided.
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
Education Preferred: BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or
Work Experience: 1 - 3 year Clinical experience preferred.
Other: Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
Must interact with other departments.
Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills important.
Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Citizenship.
- Job Reference: 706358506-2
- Date Posted: 7 September 2022
- Recruiter: Quest Diagnostics
- Location: Enid, Oklahoma
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction
- Job Type: Permanent