SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for an experienced MBSE Systems Engineer or Architect to join our team, supporting the development and management of DODAF architecture/MBSE products and initiatives in support of naval system engineering program development.
- Develop and manage DODAF architecture/MBSE products in support of system engineering program development
- Coordinate systems integration with multiple other naval surface combat systems
- Review and analyze system requirements and identify impacts to the appropriate requirements and/or design specifications
- Support system specification updates and associated performance enhancements and interface development/upgrade efforts
- Maintenance of design traceability and design documentation
- Provide subject matter expertise and systems engineering to maintain system design alignment with external programs of record
- Identify integration issues and system requirements discrepancies across multiple systems
Collaborate with other engineering teams in planning, design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
- Maintain system and software design in model-based systems engineering tool
- Participate in design working group and technical interchange meetings
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience utilizing model-based systems and digital engineering processes, principles, techniques, and procedures in the development of DODAF architectures for naval systems
- Significant experience with model-based systems engineering tool: MagicDraw (preferred), Rhapsody, and/or other SysML modeling tools
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Naval Surface Warfare concepts and programs and architectures
- Extensive experience with MagicDraw supporting NAVSEA programs
- Experience and knowledge in the development of architecture for naval combat systems
Education: Bachelor of Science in a STEM discipline.
Minimum Clearance: Interim Secret Clearance
Location: Dahlgren- On base
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It's also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer's success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don't just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Employee appreciation: lots of events throughout the year.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication ( All-Hands , SimV Share , Imagineering Day ) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)