We are global, we are impacting the lives of millions every day, we are making a difference!
At Amcor we are inspired to change the packaging industry and are taking on the aspirational challenge to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025. Through our products and global footprint, we are in a unique position to truly make a difference in the packaging space. Our products impact the lives of millions of people across the globe every day from food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other essential products. Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860's and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites. Will you be next to join our journey towards a more sustainable future?
At Amcor we are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to providing sustainable packaging solutions. To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit .
Amcor Flexibles North America (AFNA), a division of Amcor, operates across 35 plants and employs 9,000 colleagues within North America with headquarters in Chicago, IL and Oshkosh, WI. AFNA makes flexible packaging solutions for food and beverage, healthcare, and home and personal care applications.Job DescriptionWhy choose Amcor?Safety!
We pride ourselves in being one of the safest manufacturers
in the country. We want our employees to go home in the same condition they arrived.Total Rewards Package! Competitive Wages. Excellent benefits
including immediate eligibility for medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Additional benefits include paid vacation, paid holidays, paid personal holidays, sick days, perfect attendance program, flexibility, short term disability (no employee cost), incentive plan, 401(k), along with many other benefit programs.Training and Development!
We invest in you! We help you develop your skills
to make you a greater asset. Our human capital is our most important resource.Work Environment!
Very clean, comfortable and temperature-controlled.Overnight Hours: Monday - Friday from 12:00 am - 8:30 amJob Responsibilities:
Experience and Education:
- Light duty machine operations during shift by loading, running, packaging, and stacking finished product.
- Responsible for in-process and final on-line inspection and testing of manufactured product.
- Ensures quality control requirements are understood and met by reviewing all special instructions and requirements.
- Documents items by performing required quality checks/tests; lot number requirements; shipping label requirements.
- Resolves production problems by; notifying set up personnel for assistance; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources; if necessary, discontinue manufacturing operations until the problem is resolved.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment of complying with procedures, policies and regulations. Responsible for working safely and attending required training. Identifies and reports hazards, wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) for position, and is accountable for self as well as co-worker safety.
- Documents production information into appropriate reporting system.
- Promotes teamwork and effective working relationships among all contacts by setting positive examples.
- Participates in and supports safety and continuous improvement teams.
Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment not needed but preferred.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to count, document, and process required paperwork.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to read and interpret work instructions.
- Able to stand, grasp and forward reaching during shift.
- Able to lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enable the business to win. We are winning when:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor's quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor's consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor's leadership and products
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.E-Verify
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.