We Are Hiring:
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse - Cardiovascular
Ascension Via Christi, St. Francis Hospital
Part-time, Day Shift, 2 12 hour shifts/week, 7am-7pm
4 Southeast is a 38 bed cardiovascular unit and truly is the heart of the hospital. Our unit's vision statement is "4SE, inspired through Christ, is committed to providing excellent nursing care. We strive to promote a healthy heart by empowering our patients and their families to be successful in achieving optimal health." We believe in the team concept on 4SE and utilize a combination of unit clerks, hospitality aides, patient care technicians, licensed practical nurses, and registered nurses. We recognize the value of each individual but know we can accomplish significantly more through group effort than through independent action. We believe in caring and fostering a positive, rewarding environment for those who serve in our unit and within our organization. We strongly support the growth and development of our associates and are able to foster that with many tenured nurses, several who have worked on 4SE for over 20 years.
The staff on 4SE are knowledgeable, friendly, inviting, and one of the best teams I've ever been blessed to be a part of. - Christan Rose, 4SE manager
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position. Other reasons to join the Via Christi team include:
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: In FY2021, Ascension provided $2.3 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. In the last several years, Ascension Via Christi has provided $77 million in community benefit.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do:
Provide care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contribute to the assessment of patients and assure the well-being of patients.
- Administer medications and observe patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Perform laboratory tests and therapeutic services.
- Educate patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Kansas Board of Nursing required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
For more than 125 years, Ascension Via Christi has been providing caregivers rewarding careers. As the largest provider of health services in Kansas, Ascension Via Christi offers competitive pay and benefits, professional and personal training and development and an innovative work environment. We aim to care for our associates so they can focus on providing compassionate, personalized care to our patients, with special attention to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Via Christi is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.