Join our Adult Intermediate Care Team as a LPN!
This is a great opportunity to grow your nursing skills and be a part of a new one-of-a-kind facility and become a leader in providing short term care to adult patients who no longer require hospital level care and are waiting placement in the community.
Part-time position with the largest health system in the state
Patient ratio 1:2 & 1:3
Providence Intermediate Care Unit North is a recently renovated 12 bed adult Intermediate Care Unit with all private rooms. All of the rooms on ICF are outfitted with the latest bedside physiological equipment to provide continuous monitoring. While advancing the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment, youâ€ ll embody what total care truly means. Here, nurses are not simply valuedâ€ theyâ€ re invaluable. We listen to your goals and aspirations and partner with you in achieving them, because we know that to inspire and retain the best nurses, we must support them.
A Few Things Nurses Love at Providence
- Onsite parking
- Career & Development- online learning platforms that connect you with resources to help you discover, learn, and progress your skills.
- Onsite Coffee Bar and CafÃ©
- Employee Tranquility Room and Employee Serenity and Vegetable gardens
- Providence Scholars for Nursing Students/Tuition Assistance- complete your education at no cost to you thanks to this partnership between Providence and the University of Portland or receive monetary assistance for voluntarily pursuing additional education, professional development and/or personal development.
How We Are Different
Relationship-Based Care: Self and Colleagues reflects the influence of the nurse's relationship with self, colleagues, and patient/family on the patient experience.
Expert Caring: encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
Empowered Leaders : demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
Lifelong Learners : encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, and internal and external learning opportunities. Recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
Quality Achievement: includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities, and commitment to standard work.
Innovation: is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence-based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
From mountain to ocean and deserts to valleys, the region surrounding Portland offers endless adventure, family-friendly events and incredible scenery all around. With a charming feel and an array of big-city activities and attractions, it has all you need and more. Provide award winning care for healthy, flourishing communities.
One of the top places to live in the nation (U.S. News & World Report)
Some of the top schools in the state
Beautiful housing options with stunning views serving as your daily backdrop
An outdoor loverâ€ s paradiseâ€ enjoy world-renowned skiing, hiking, biking, golfing, boating, and much more
Every amenity you could want or need right at your fingertipsâ€ world-class shopping and dining, arts and cultural attractions, an international airport, professional sports, and more
We are excited about your interest in a career at Providence Intermediate Care facility.
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Icf North Unit that will provide direct and indirect quality care for children, according to the individualized needs of the child, following the nursing process and in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act. Accepts professional development as an integral part of nursing practice. Coordinates resident care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship. Facilitates daily orientation of all staff assigned to team.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Understand the purpose and ensures that each child's plan of care is carried out
- Follow procedures taught in orientation and outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual
- Gather data related to child's physical, emotional and health status
- Evaluate child's response to interventions including medication, therapies and nutrition support
- Implement an individualized plan of care utilizing good modeling of expert nursing practice and demonstrating the ability to prioritize and organize work
- Administer medications, treatments and enteral feedings as ordered by the physician
- Initiate medication and comfort measures when needed according to individual child's pain management plan
- Co-sign physician orders and calls the physician in a timely manner
- Be responsible for transcription of physician orders including admission, monthly and daily orders
- Accurately transcribe drug names, dosages and times utilizing approved abbreviations
- Transcribe diet orders; communicates diet changes to all appropriate personnel via diet change slips and Kardex
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing
- Licensed to practice nursing in the state of Oregon as a LPN
- Current BLS certification for health care provider at time of hire
- AHA-BLS for health care provider within three (3) months
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of Experience in long term care or pediatrics
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits â€ see our website for details http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of â€ Know me, care for me, ease my way.â€ Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, weâ€ ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: P349403
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Nursing-Patient Facing
Job Function: Nursing
Schedule: Part time
Career Track: Nursing
Department: 5004 PCC ADULT ICF
Address: OR Portland 830 NE 47th Ave
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.