The Lead Unified Communications Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing all or part of the organization's complex Broadcasting infrastructure in line with pre-identified business needs and requirements. The Lead Unified Communications Engineer works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial. Responsibilities
The Lead Unified Communications Engineer may support one or more of the following: Live Webcast platform, Content Library platform (video/content on-demand), Streaming/Content Network Delivery (CDN) platform (ingest/encode/edge delivery). Subject matter expert with enterprise streaming/webcast solutions/products: Wowza, Qumu, Kaltura, Vbrick, Vidizmo, Stream, Panopto, Brightcove, Telestream Vantage, Telestream Wirecast, AWS Elemental, Matrox, Digital Rapids, Imagine Communications. Subject matter expert with enterprise Content Delivery Network (CDN) solutions: Wowza, Vbrick, Kollective, Fastly, Akamai, Ramp. Subject matter expert in the following: Live webcast source ingest, encoding and distribution, content on-demand portals and workflows, media encoding elements including process and profile composition (live and file), content delivery networks (ingest, distribution, edge, client delivery). Knowledgeable in integration of production workflows to streaming delivery platforms: Live webcast stream ingest/encoding to delivery platforms, storage/access control, secure transport, authentication system integration. Foundational knowledge in live broadcast production and components/elements: Audio/Visual equipment (camera systems, audio mixing, video mixing, routing, post production edit/workflows), source/signal transport/ingest (transmission standards), video/audio standards (HDMI, SDI, Dante, NDI), video and audio routing, digital asset management, studio production and master control operations. This position may be involved in the design of complex configurations or in the evaluation, administration, and support of Virtual Meetings & Conferencing systems including Zoom Virtual Meetings, Zoom Phone, and Poly Room Systems. Required Qualifications
- a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 8 or more years of Unified Communications experience
- 2 or more years of project leadership experience
- Experience planning, designing, and implementing communications systems
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
Additional Information Work-At-Home Requirements
- Cost analysis, and vendor comparison experience
- Project management experience
- Certifications related to Unified Communications
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated (preferred) or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home. We are ahealthcarecompany committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to:
- Provide proof of full vaccinationor commit to testing protocols OR
- Provide proof of applicable exemption including any required supporting documentation
Medical, religious, state and remote-only work exemptions are available. Scheduled Weekly Hours
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our