In-House Senior Indirect Tax Manager, Financial Services
Central London (working from home 2/3 days per week)
Leading salary, bonus & benefits
An international financial services business will be hiring an In-House Senior Indirect Tax Manager to look after the relevant taxes for their European entities. Reporting directly to the Head of Tax, this person will develop key relationships with finance stakeholders, external advisers and local authorities.
Reporting into the Head of Tax, specific areas of responsibility will centre on:
- Managing UK indirect taxes, leading on PESM implementation and execution
- Oversight of international indirect taxes.
- Oversight of IPT compliance (preparations completed by the finance team).
- Proactivity to spot opportunities for reducing indirect tax exposures; also for driving improvements in the indirect tax reporting process.
- Support on indirect tax planning/structuring for corporate projects/M&A.
- Following and improving indirect tax process/policy, and contributing to ongoing tax governance control/risks framework.
- Ad-hoc advisory and support on queries stemming from wider departments.
This makes a wonderful opportunity for an experienced indirect tax professional who brings some in-house experience and is looking for ownership and autonomy over the indirect tax function.
What we are looking for on a CV:
- ACA/CTA qualification essential
- 5+ years' experience in an indirect tax focused position, with in-house experience strongly preferred
- Experience of both UK VAT compliance & advisory
- Experience operating at managerial level in a multinational business
- Prior experience in the financial services (or experience following a PESM)
- The right to work in the UK without sponsorship requirements
- Experience in negotiating with local tax authorities
- International indirect tax exposure
- Some IPT experience
- Mainstream European language skills
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.