Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a full time, fully benefited I&E Technician
. The I&E Technician is a member of a multi-discipline operations team, reporting to the Pipeline Foreman. The main purpose of this position is to perform the inspection and maintenance of meters, quality control analyzers, pressure sensing devices, and valve actuators on the pipeline system. The I&E Technician will work closely with other crafts in the Operations organization to ensure safe and reliable operation of the pipeline system. This position will require the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and be subject to after-hours call out. Schedule:
5x2 Monday - Friday. Location:
Three Rivers/Tilden, TX Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Inspection and maintenance of meters and quality control analyzers as needed.
- Monitoring and calibrating of level sticks that measure and communicate with HMI and Total Flow in production tanks.
- Experience with Vega, Electrode lab, and Rosemount
- Perform calibrations on transmitters, Electronic Flow Controllers (EFC's).
- Maintain historical records for inspections.
- Understands and complies with all of clients measurement standards.
- Physically inspect orifice plates and fittings.
- Calibrate any transmitter or EFC associated with the orifice.
- Prepare calibration reports and associated paperwork to ensure accurate custody transfer of deliveries and receipts.
- Schedule, coordinate, perform and/or witness meter proving of custody transfer meters.
- Perform verification/calibration on differential pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters, and other measurement related ancillary equipment.
- Perform inspection and testing of pressure safety valves and overpressure protection devices testing per regulatory requirements.
- Owns and accountable for delivering superior HSE performance in their area of responsibility.
- Complete and maintain Operator Qualification requirements to comply with PHMSA regulations.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a I&E and/or Measurement Technician
- Prior experience with meter provers
- Leadership ability in safety, environmental, and regulatory practices
- Ability to work in outside environment during all seasons and weather conditions. Must be able to navigate rough terrain by walking and lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical to demonstrate the ability to meet and perform the essential functions of the job.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.