Colas and Iveco are currently looking for an experienced Vehicle Technician to join our successful and expanding Mechanical Services Team in Ringmer, to carry out planned maintenance and?emergency (breakdown) repairs on the various vehicles. Our growing customer base includes Iveco, the NHS trust, the emergency services and many more. Package Description
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas offers some great benefits with this role, including:• A generous pension contribution• Life assurance cover (x4 basic salary)• 21 days annual leave + bank holidays (with the option to buy/sell more)• Flexible working policy• Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded• Ongoing training and personal/professional development• Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal Main Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of Technicians include providing routine maintenance and repairs to equipment and vehicles of different manufactures and models. Their other main duties and responsibilities include:?
- Performing major and minor repairs to heavy goods vehicles, trailers and other vehicles in the company fleet and customers fleets
- Performing regular inspection and general preventive maintenance services to DVSA standards
- Strong communication skills and the ability to follow written or spoken instructions
- Keen awareness of health and safety, working safely and maintaining risk assessments with teams
- Ability to perform well independently and with teams to help diagnose and plan repairs for the vehicles?
The Ideal Candidate
- Maintaining records of vehicles that have been repaired or handled?
- Providing repair services and breakdown cover to clients on the road in case of emergencies.
- Completing relevant documentation and paperwork as required and providing warranty claims or escalating them to higher management?
- Providing in-house training to recruits and trainees
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a qualified and experienced Technician . Be available to cover 24hr breakdowns on a rota basis.?You will need to be a team player with high standards and a passion for the work and vehicles you work on.
- Full driving license, LGV licence not essential but would be an advantage
- NVQ III or City and Guilds Motor vehicle repair
- Knowledge of various makes and models of vehicles and equipment
Iveco Dealer training
Safety and Environment training
Roadside working/recovery About The Company
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people including over 1500 in the UK across multiple sites. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a 'Gold Investor in People' award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.