Mid Michigan College seeks individuals who: value collegiality and mutual respect; use data in decision making; are innovative; are service minded; are goal oriented; strive to continually improve themselves and their work processes; are willing to collaborate and seek to add value in every interaction.
This is a day/evening position that serves faculty, staff and students at the Mount Pleasant or Harrison campus locations with Help Desk, classroom technology, ITV room technologies and computer-related questions and troubleshooting. This position is an internship that can last one or more semesters depending upon need.
ResponsibilitiesHelp Desk duties including answering incoming calls, emails, and creating tickets.Oversee the computer labs and assists students with technical problems.Assists faculty when needed with ITV technical problems.Assist faculty when needed with classroom technology problems.Performs general computer maintenance and troubleshooting.Per the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), a federal consumer protection law, your job position entails functions that meet the definition of a Campus Security Authority (CSA). CSAs have a duty to report any crime to the Colleges Clery Compliance Officer. This information may be disclosed to them directly, through third-party, or witnessed. As a CSA, you are required to complete annual training which is provided by the College. This training encompasses your role, responsibilities, and reporting obligations.Performs other related tasks as required.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- Ability to relate positively to people in a learning environment is essential.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Self-starting/time management skills.
- Background in technology is preferred.
- Must be enrolled in classes currently or for a future semester at an institution of higher learning.
- Experience with computer hardware, software programs (Microsoft Office), and AV technologies preferred.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.Mid Michigan College is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in employment or the provisions of services.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office/lab/classroom environment which requires a professional image and demeanor, on-time attendance and reliability. The environment has little, if any discomfort due to heat, cold or dust. There is light noise within the environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for meetings.
- Job duties may be performed in an independent or a team atmosphere.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 45 pounds).
- Must meet reasonable and sometimes shifting deadlines, quotas, or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some unpleasant situations.
- Typical work schedule falls between 8:00am-4:30pm with flexible or extended hours as needed by department demands. This position requires evening hours.