We are currently recruiting for a Housekeeper. Are you dedicated, supportive and enjoy seeing how the little things make a difference? Then the housekeeping role is a great role for you. Our homes need passionate and detailed people to help them to maintain a high level of housekeeping so that our residents feel safe and comfortable. As one of the largest healthcare providers in the UK it's important to us to couple great care with meaningful and enjoyable experiences.
As a Housekeeper you will be:
- Responsible for keeping the Home environment clean, tidy and hazard free, e.g. cleaning of equipment and safe disposal of waste and by carrying out all cleaning duties in accordance with worksheet instructions for daily, weekly and less frequent operations
- Overseeing all duties of the domestic and laundry staff team.
- Working as part of the domestic and laundry staff teams as needed.
- Responsible for the duty rotas for domestic and laundry staff and converting these to timesheets for payroll purposes.
- Under the supervision of the Home Manager, able to carry out annual appraisals for domestic and laundry staff. To conduct staff supervision, appraisal and personal development plans.
- Under the supervision of the Home Manager, to organise sufficient levels of materials and supplies for cleaning and laundry staff, whilst being mindful of budgetary control.
- Able to operate an efficient stock control system.
- Ensuring that the Company Policy on Infection Control and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) are adhered to at all times
- Thoroughly cleaning vacated rooms ready for re-occupation.
To succeed you will be
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to work under own initiative and in a fast paced environment
- Polite and courteous, energetic and outgoing
- A team player who engages well with others
- Willing to positively contribute towards enhancing the quality and service levels for all service users
- Able to be adaptive and flexible to cover a range of responsibilities at short notice
If you possess these qualities then experience of working as a Housekeeper isn't necessary. We provide you with excellent learning, development and support opportunities, to equip you with the knowledge and skills to make a real difference in the role.
We offer you a great range of benefits, which include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Various shifts available including working 3 days on and 4 days off
- Refer a Friend scheme of £500 (increasing to £650 for any further referrals)
- Free meals
- Access to excellent training
- Career development opportunities
- Discounts and benefits suited to your lifestyle
- Free onsite parking
- Free uniform
- NEST work place pension contributions
- Long service awards