Hybrid role - occasional and realistic office travel
Firmware Engineer - Full Time
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a experienced firmware developer to join our dynamic and growing team. To support the doubling of our business in the last 18 months, we need experienced software engineers to support our latest product lines that are spearheading innovation in the torque industry.
Where else can you design software that will be used in cutting edge, energy saving, carbon lowering and efficiency improving markets? What you do will make a difference to the industry and the world, want to be part of history?
The role will initially be focused on the development of firmware to used in our marine and industrial torque range of products. The role includes technical support throughout the product life cycle including design implementation, integration and test, system trials and product delivery.
What You'll Get
Flexible working We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options, we work hard but we play hard. Deadlines are important, but so is fun and family time.
Custom working The role may be a mixture of home based and on siteFlexible benefits Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and well-being options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
Network groups To support our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion, we haveWell-being (promoting & supporting employee well-being), Mindfulness groups, social and team activities and much more. Discounted gym membership (IOW locations).
Training Free access to Courses through our parent company Indutrade, most with advance ILM qualifications. You will be supported in your ongoing professional development through training and mentoring
Investors in People Our team is key, to join us you must be part of the team and the culture, situational leadership training is offered in line with other culture and team based training opportunities.
EV Scheme - We offer the Government EV scheme with awesome rates on personal sourcing of an electric vehicle, with supplemented charging whilst on site at HQ.
DIS - Death in Service, £100k immediate payment to family / next of kin whilst in service here at Datum.
Bonus - aside from competitive base salaries we offer excellent bonus incentives that are both project based and EBIT performance based.
Pension - opt in matched government pension plan.
Annual leave We offer 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
What you will do
You will be responsible for the delivery of specific work package tasks to implement Firmware on our newly developed PCBA's. Hardware has been designed, firmware is required. Specification available, however input welcomed to review and add value to our solution.
This includesFirmware design and analysisProduction of documentation for other engineers and evidence for design reviewsDevelopment of Firmware test and integration plansPerform system integration work with PCB designers and embedded software engineers.Support of firmware designs through the company firmware process - GITHUBModification of existing firmware designs as needed to suit the business needs.Estimation of development time for proposed changes with work to time frames agreed by the business.What we are looking for someone who
- C++ or C programming experience is a 'must have'.
- Experience in Python is also useful
- Embedded software development experience.
- Microcontroller - ARM, ATMEL, STM32
- Communication protocol: SPI, I2C, CAN Bus, RS485
- Network communication - Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Wireless communication - Wifi, Bluetooth
- Embedded Linux
- Able to read Schematic
- Revision Control Systems (Git)
- How to write code for ESP32's or similar
- Knows a UART and has great component / firmware behaviour knowledge can deliver to time frames, working in a team environment. can self-manage and deliver work packages when required verify code, annotate and check/review firmware
- can de-bug firmware
- can analyse system level requirements and derive detailed Firmware requirements can write specifications
- support verification and integration at hardware and system level alongside Software and Hardware Engineers.
- Making technical decisions and mitigating technical risk for Firmware design activities