Spalding Consulting, Inc.
is seeking a Financial Analyst
in Lexington Park, MD
. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full - Time
- Prepare reconciliation and prevalidation documents.
- Review available documentation, identifying technical and administrative deficiencies, researching applicable rules and regulations, and contacting program offices, Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) personnel or any other technical codes required to obtain necessary information in the reconciliation process.
- Resolve all discrepancies and prepare documentation for submission of adjustment packages for MOCAS, Navy ERP (SAP), and to DFAS, when applicable.
- Reconcile incorrect obligations and problem disbursements by identifying and resolving discrepancies between the Mechanization of Contract Administration Service (MOCAS), the Standard Accounting and Reporting Systems (STARS), Sigma (SAP) financial (NAVAIR legacy financial system) NERP (SAP) and other paying office systems.
- Review, research, and correct unmatched disbursements (UMDs).
- Prepare Defense Finance Accounting System (DFAS) adjustment package certifications for corrections of obligations, UMDs and other suspense items.
- Prepare and submit analyses and solutions for systemic causes of prevalidation failures.
- Report workload counts monthly.
- Counts to include but not limited to manual prevalidations, cancelations, UMDs and contract closeouts.
- Perform closeout of completed contracts in accordance with applicable regulation specifically pertaining to financial/accounting reconciliation and related contracts file management.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least eight (8) years financial management experience. Financial management experience should include financial analysis of business programs, development of cost estimates, program status reports, and demonstrated knowledge of DoD Federal Management Regulations (FMR), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and PPBE. Five (5) years of DoN procurement policies and procedures experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Navy ERP is required.
Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
Bachelor's degree in a Business, Management, Accounting, or financial discipline is required. An Associate's degree and an additional four (4) years of experience OR an additional eight (8) years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.