Spry brings a unique blend of proven service delivery, scalable and agile corporate infrastructure, and the ability to recruit and retain the best and brightest in the industry to support our customers. The Spry team engages in exciting and rewarding opportunities that challenge their abilities, in an atmosphere that encourages both personal and professional growth, fostering a positive and energetic work environment.Who We're Looking For (Position Overview:
Spry Methods is on the search for a Financial Analyst II to join our team supporting a government contract in Washington, DC.What Your Day-To-Day Looks Like (Position Responsibilities):
What You Need to Succeed (Minimum Requirements):
- Support the comptroller office by accessing and understanding DoN tools in the functional areas of budget, execution, and reporting. Financial tools include: Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP), Business Warehouse (BW), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE), Program Budget Information System (PBIS), Computer Optimized Batch Reconciliation Application (COBRA), Congressional Information Management System (CIMS), and other associated tools approved by the Government.
- Assists more experienced accountants in a variety of accounting assignments including the preparation, analysis, review, verification, and reconciliation of vouchers, journal entries, accounting classifications, and other accounting/financial statements, records, and reports;
- Assist with outstanding reconciliation validations.
- Identify and recommend proper lines of accounting to be assigned.
- Research lines of accounting issues using Navy ERP and other data sources and recommend courses of action necessary to resolve them.
- Develop and maintain databases, spreadsheets, reports and forms as needed by the Comptroller.
- Assist in the review and reconciliation of Unliquidated Obligations (ULOs) and unmatched disbursements (UMDs)
- Reconcile accounting discrepancies across multiple accounting systems. Assist in the Government's reconciliation of financial transactions in legacy systems, Navy ERP, and Paying Office records, and recommend corrective actions.
- Prepare all supporting documentation to justify the required corrections and submit documentation packages to resolve identified discrepancies.
- Assist with financial reconciliation and closeout.
- Identify and report upon closing appropriations and assist in mitigating unliquidated balances for these accounts.
- Recommend corrective action for contracts or line items with conflicting data.
- Assist with the reconciliation of all funding documents to result in matching disbursements across all financial management systems (e.g. COBRA, Navy ERP, EDA).
- Assist with identifying funding issues, prepare corrective packages, and support the Government financial managers in reconciling contract financials.
Ideally, You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- 2-4 years of financial experience
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management Information Technology, Mathematics, or Business Administration.
Perks of Working for Us (Benefits):Medical Coverage
- Ability to work as a self-starter and multi-task
- Possession of excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Utilize Microsoft Excel, Access, and other relevant/related database products to support data consolidation, analysis, and tracking.
- United Healthcare - 3 Options
- Traditional - POS Choice Plus Network
- HDHP - POS Choice Plus Network
- HDHP - EPO Choice NetworkVision Coverage
- VSP - Vision Service Plan Dental Coverage
- Guardian Dental - PPO Premier Plan or Value Plan Paid Time Off (PTO)
- PTO accrural starts at 15 days per yearTraining Benefit
- Annual training allowance available toward any job-related training or education401 (k)
- Multiple Fund Choices through Professional Capital Service (PCS) with a company match
For our full list of benefits, please visit COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement stated in Executive Order 14042 and FAR 52.223-99 is currently not implemented, however, please note that if E.O. 14042 or other related requirements become effective, positions will require successful candidates/employees to obtain and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s). Spry is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.EEO Statement
At Spry, we believe talented and dedicated employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of our success. We are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive workplace that endorses engagement, creativity, quality and innovation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, we evaluate qualified candidates in full consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other protected status.