Description Robert Half is working with a fast-growing, dynamic team looking for a Financial Analyst who will be a key business partner in forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management. This role is with a company in the Education - University industry. This Financial Analyst role, which is a long-term contract / temporary employment opportunity, is based in the Hanover, New Hampshire, area. To succeed in this Financial Analyst position, you will need to be comfortable with conducting financial modeling on various financial products, as well as measuring, analyzing and forecasting performance in conjunction with operating plans. Advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management will also be among the Financial Analyst's duties.
- Inspect performance to date and assess potential risks and opportunities
- Analyze annual performance by comparing actual results to their expectations and supply information to business partners to inform decision making
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly financial close process by working with Accounting
- Discover the root causes of internal and external facts that are influencing performance and outcomes
- Support weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment-level Bookings and P& L forecasting
- Enable effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide decision making support
- Function next to senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
- Support contacts in Accounting and Operations to execute business plans
- Present and monitor forecasting reports
- This position would suit a flexible individual that has experience managing large amounts of information and meeting expectations
- Own monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required Requirements - BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
- Prior experience in Spreadsheet and ERP system
- Practical knowledge in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Go-to-market experience or experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Journal entries experience
- Financial reporting experience
- Account analysis experience desired
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
- Skill with Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools required
Robert Half is the worlds first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity even on the go. Download the Robert Half app () and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit for more information.