Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the engineering of electronic / electrical solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You'd better contact us today!
The Business Line Mature Products and Services (BL MPS) of ASML is responsible for the sustaining of the PAS 5500 systems, which are the 200mm wafer Lithography systems in the ASML portfolio.
In BL MPS we have a D&E team. And part of this D&E team is an Electronic Development section. The Electronic Development section is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification, and integration of electronic functions and modules within the PAS 5500 products.
BL MPS will extend the PAS 5500 systems life-cycle to the year 2030 or beyond. For this a redesign of all of the electronic racks in the PAS 5500 system is started.
Role and responsibilities
As Architect PAS 5500 Electronics you specify the new rack design, manage the design outsourcing, align the design with the Software Development team, manage the system integration and transfer the new design to CS, Manufacturing & Logistics.
The Architect PAS 5500 Electronics is responsible for the following:
• Act as the EDEV representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
• Interact intensively with colleagues from the software, opto-mechanics and mechatronics department.
• Define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture of the modules and sub-systems of the PAS 5500 systems.
• Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
• Make work breakdown and planning for the various measurement electronics products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
• Manage the outsourcing of the rack redesigns.
• Act as a technical coach for other designers.
• Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
• Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Education and experience
• Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Multiple years of experience in defining, document and maintain specifications for eletrical architecture
• Multiple years of experience in system design for state-of-the-art multidisciplinary systems and multiple years of experience as an electronics designer
• Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of software, optics and mechatronics.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
• Highly motivated, team player with good social- and communication skills.
• Show initiative, responsibility and take ownership.
• Pro-active, high drive attitude.
• Leadership: ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
• Structured with eye for details.
• Accurate and problem-solving;
• Pragmatic attitude.
• Affinity with physics, mechanics and / or mechatronics is a pre.
• Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.