Document Imaging Specialist Requisition #:
Johns Hopkins Health System, St. Petersburg, FL Category:
Clerical and Administrative Support Work Shift:
Day Shift Work Week:
Full Time Weekend Work Required:
Yes Date Posted:
Aug. 26, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement! Requisition #: 578127 Location:
601 5th Street South, St. Petersburg, FL 33701 Shift:
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 11:00 am - 7:30 pm
Weekend work required
Non-Exempt; Pay Grade: NB Position Summary:
The Document Imaging Specialist, under the leadership of the HIM Operations Scanning Supervisor, will perform all aspects of the Document Imaging functions for the legal medical record. The Specialist will make rounds throughout the hospital to retrieve records from patient care areas, applying accounting procedures to ensure collection of all records. The Specialist will follow accurate document preparation procedures, ensuring all documents belong to the correct patient, and identify documents that do not require scanning. The Specialist will maintain scanning equipment to ensure clarity of images, and scan documents according to procedures. After scanning the documents, the Specialist will select the correct Document Type for any documents that were not auto-indexed, understanding the document will not be able to be located by users of the medical record if it has the incorrect Document Type. The Specialist will support quality assurance by auditing scanned batches to verify documents belong to the correct patient, ensure clarity of image, and that the correct Doc Types were assigned. The Document Imaging Specialist will perform all tasks within defined expectations for productivity and quality, to ensure the integrity of the legal medical record. Keeps all patient information confidential and abides with Privacy and Security regulations. Education:
High School diploma or GED required Work Experience:
Prior scanning and Health Information Management experience preferred Knowledge/Skills:
- Previous training or experience working with medical record documentation preferred.
- Understanding of privacy laws as it relates to not discussing patient information outside of work responsibilities
- Ability to identify and distinguish various types of medical record documents received from internal and external sources.
- Ability to identify medical specialties based on document content.
- Able to make rounds throughout the hospital and interact professionally with clinical staff while gathering records from patient care units
- Ability to select accurate document level for scanning purposes to ensure placement of the document at the encounter, patient, and order level.
- Critical thinking necessary to prepare documents for scanning including the identification of documents that are not to be scanned, choosing the correct document type for indexing, and entering the appropriate descriptive information.
- Keen attention to detail and sound judgement required to ensure accuracy of the legal medical record
- Ability to complete work using automated workflows in the computer
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.