Are you a certified Cytotechnologist? Are you in school pursuing a Cytotechnologist degree/certification? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a full-time Cytotechnologist in Seattle, WA. This will be a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment. LabCorp has a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation. LabCorp offers opportunities with advancement potential in an influential and expanding company. Be a part of something where you can make an impact on improving health and improving lives.
$10,000 Sign on Bonus with one year commitment
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm
Location: th Ave; Seattle, WA
- Screen and evaluate any gynecologic and non-gynecologic specimens sent to the laboratory for the determination of possible malignant or related abnormal conditions
- Screening of all liquid based cytology, both manual and imaged, as well as conventional slides
- Perform microscopic evaluation of cytological specimens following laboratory procedures and workload policies
- Ensure proper documentation of workload recording, including screening and non-screening activities as required by CLIA and laboratory guidelines
- Maintain absolute integrity in the accurate performance and reporting of results Meet slide screening requirements as per standard operating procedure
- Finalize testing results into the computer in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide backup for cytology processing and other tasks as needed Comply with all safety, infection control and HIPAA policies
- CT (ASCP Registered)-Normally a B.A./B.S. in Biological Science and meet all licensing requirements w/1-3 years of experience
- Successful completion of an accredited Cytology program
- ASCP Cytotechnologist (CT) Certification is required
- Prior experience working in Cytology is preferred
- ThinPrep certification is a plus
- Must pass slide screening requirements and annual CAP proficiency test
- Demonstrated understanding of Cyto preparation techniques
- Automated and non-automated testing experience is preferred
- Familiarity with laboratory information systems (LIS)
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .