Des Moines Market - Des Moines, IARemote Type
Fully RemotePosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
Bachelor's degreeJob Shift
Job SummaryMust live in the Des Moines area and be willing to work from home.
The Commercial Lender is accountable for building and servicing a commercial loan portfolio. Included in this process is meeting with potential and existing commercial customers, working with Bank personnel, and cross-selling of other Bank Products.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Interview prospective and existing loan applicants; collect and analyze financial and related data to determine the general credit worthiness of the applicant and the merits of the specific loan request.
- Determine if the loan request is viable and within Bank Policy before proceeding to a formal loan request.
- Establish and negotiate the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method, and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Responsible for the direct inspection of the applicant's business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, and personal interview.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect from delinquent commercial loan borrowers.
- Develop new business by contacting prospects and customers with a strong emphasis on cross-selling bank services.
- Assist underwriting personnel in preparation of loan presentations to internal and holding company loan committees for evaluation.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of commercial loan documentation and lien perfection.
- Counsel, and assist, with the training and development of Commercial Loan Officers.
- Undertake the protection of the bank's interests in matters of adherence to bank policy and the various laws and regulations applicable to department operations, as well as the exercise of sound credit decisions in the commercial lending area.
- Responsible for collections, transactions, computations, and servicing of credit of a complex nature.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Marketing required
- Minimum 5 years Commercial Lending or Commercial Operations experience required
- Develop and maintain banking relationships.
- Coordinate service with other Bank employees to enhance Bank's customer base.
- Establish and maintain an aggressive customer calling program.
- Advanced knowledge of Bank and commercial operations.
- Proven sales skills
- Good interpersonal skills for interacting well with other employees and customers.