Providence is calling a Clinic Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Clinical Support Services, Day Shift, Mon-Fri: 8am-4:30pm, No Nights, Weekends or On-Call, 1.0 FTE) to Providence PACE in Seattle, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all â€ especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Help participants (known as residents/patients in other C.N.A roles) to move; turn; get in and out of bed, chair, or wheelchair; and ambulate with or without assistive devices.
- Observe and report to immediate supervisor any changes in participant's physical or mental status.
- Demonstrate knowledge and appropriate behavior concerning infection control by proper handling of equipment, soiled clothing, bedpans, urinals, and adequate hand washing.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of the Clinic, its equipment and linen.
- Make sure restrooms are kept clean after participant use.
- Set up room for specialists and medical staff.
- Assist in clinic flow by bringing participants to and from the multi purpose room and communicating with clinic staff and transportation regarding appointments past regular loading time.
- Perform documentation of PCA care, vital signs data, lab shipments and other documentation as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license or current registration
- One (1) year experience in healthcare setting
- Current CPR certification
- Experience working with frail, cognitively impaired older adults
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence ElderPlace is a PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program conveniently located in Seattle, WA. ElderPlace is on the cutting edge of geriatric care, using an interdisciplinary team model of care to keep older adults as healthy as possible in the community by providing comprehensive health care and social services including: primary and specialty medical care, a day health program, social work services, rehabilitation, housing (if necessary) and much more. The Providence ElderPlace team of health care and social service professionals and our affiliates provide comprehensive integrated care to our exceptionally diverse participants. In our own words, Our objective is not simply to grow. It is to transform the lives of those we serve. It is to bring them comprehensive and coordinated care, to bring them relationship, to help them age in place, and when needed provide support through end-of-life. ElderPlace is growing and needs another outstanding Recreational Therapist to join our cohort of RTs!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details: http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of â€ Know me, care for me, ease my way.â€ Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, weâ€ ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: P364753
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Nursing-Patient Facing
Job Function: Nursing
Schedule: Full time
Career Track: Nursing
Department: 3303 CLINICAL PROGRAM SERVICES WA
Address: WA Seattle 4515 Martin Luther King Way S
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.